Saturday, May 24, 2008

Uncomfortability.




My oh-so-awkward sketchbook pages. Not as pretty as James Jean's (the SVA Illustration posterboy) or one of the old painting masters, unfortunately. I'm trying to get back into the habit of drawing from life, drawing anything in that damned book, which I used to do alot last last year (and was a whole lot better at, I think).

Unfortunately, because I grew up drawing on stray floating bits of A4 paper (thanks to being underexposed to anything art), I don't sit well with these tightly bound books of doom. They tightly close around me, archiving my every move! (like the camera and the yearbook, other archival daemons I try to duck and hide away from as much as possible). The more enjoyable times I've had drawing were on A4 paper, like the pic below:



Eh, screw the sketchbook. Looks like I'm going to be ditching it altogether and just carry sheafs, no... loafs of A4 paper instead. Even at the cost of me looking like a total idiot. Perhaps someday I can get comfortable with it so that I can actually EFFECTIVELY USE those piles of sketchbooks lying around. Let's hope for that.

-Azureon

No comments: