Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Daily Sketch -- Scribbly Spore

Aaaaah.. now that finals are over, I can get back to tending this li'l aquarium that we've built for ourselves in this corner of the intarwebs...

Over at dA, I found this tutorial by one of my favorite artists, Ursula Vernon. I wanted to try it out because the scribbly method looked really interesting and here's what I came up with:


One of the things I really like about these daily sketches is the fact that you can experiment with new techniques quickly and not worry about it being a finished product. I really like the raw energy that this style brings and I want to be able to refine this technique more so that it doesn't look quite as messy as this one ended up being.

--RWHC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i dont think its that messy...
keeping things loose gives it energy, making it closer to a sketch.
i personally like things that are more expressionistic and loosely rendered, instead of highly polished and finished stuff... think those kind of works have more life and mystery to them. which is what i'm also trying to achieve aesthetically here =P

even though it looks messy to you,
i have to say that of this is one of the better colored and rendered pieces of your stuff =D.
nice color scheme!!!