Wednesday, April 30, 2008

okami contest entry



Sadly enough, all the video game fanart that I ever drew (with the exception of Mario) are of games I never played. Oddly enough most of them for the PS2, which I've never had, nor played. Hopefully, this should capture um... some elements of the game (or at least the narrative, since I mostly based this picture off the overall synopsis of the game rather than any screenshots -_-;;; )

For a contest entry on deviantart.
I was going to add more fish and work on this a bit more, but I ran out of time, and more importantly ... RAM. I don't care if I don't get anything off this contest, because I AM DONE. I am finished with every single task I needed to do for this month (well... not really. but the major head-nagging ones, I am done with them).

Now to go truly, bluely RIP.

--azureon

[UPDATE]
This entry was featured on deviantArt in a news post showing off "a selection of the best works". Well done, Azureon!

Check out the gallery here: http://news.deviantart.com/article/48297/

1 comment:

RWHC said...

I am at a loss for words to describe your Okami entry. It's amazingly good! You truly captured the style -and- essence of the game (even though it looks like it's darker than anything seen in it, but it really highlights her presence). Also, I love how she is bringing color to a dark and colorless pond and the Koi are totally swarming her for warmth and stuff.... I really hope those Capcomites and deviants notice this! :D

Also, I'm a huuuuuge fan of Nintendo, but I just realized that most of my library is composed of Capcom titles -_-;;