Sunday, June 29, 2008

RIP Michael Turner

I just found out on deviantArt that Michael Turner died of cancer on Friday. Michael Turner was a comic book artist who has worked with the big names in Marvel and DC and also founded his own company, Aspen Comics.


Michael Turner was one of my favorite artists and I first found out about him in an issue of Wizard magazine when he was doing a tutorial on how to draw sex appeal properly. Example: smoking doesn't make a woman sexier, but playing with hair and half closed eyes do.


I even learned how to do the cute triangle nose and full lips on gals from him.


I always loved the covers he made......


He drew the feistiest Starfire (Teen Titans) .....

and the skinniest Supergirl I've ever seen,


I have yet to see anyone else draw Wonder Woman like he does.


He wasn't great with just gals, though.


And he definitely knew how to make a bunch of guys standing around look good.


Thank you very much for all the memories, Mr. Turner. We'll miss you!


--RWHC

**All featured art in this post was drawn by Michael Turner and can be found in the Comic Art Community galleries.

No comments: